Race with La Luna


Elements vying for my company

With fervor, Aeolus clasp my being

An embrace snatched by Terra

Here and there a kiss

Courtesy of a nippy drizzle

O! Midnight! Ever so lovingly you cloak me

With your dusky blue blanket

I ride this verdant carpet

Mine for the taking

Sat on my sturdy steed did I

When a light glow caught my eye


Luna! My sister!

Ride you beside me?

Her answer?

Only a smile

A vision

Mysterious, yet surely artless.


La Luna, sisters we are

We ride together

To paths unknown

No winner, no loser!

You in the skies

And me on land.


Freedom stretches before us

No impairment

No schedule

No, nothing to stop us

Time unravels itself before us

Unseen, unknown


Boundless eternity

At our hand

To race unlimited

No thoughts about the next hour

Just now, just this


Head to head we go

None gaining in speed

Wait! Did I just overtake?

Or was it my imagination?

“Your imagination!” she playfully said.

Enchanting was her presence

Transcendental beauty, so enthralling


Sisters we are

Sisters we always will be

Her aura a surety

Our bond impenetrable

Neither man, nor god can

Break this unity


We ride

She on my side

And I on hers

We ride!

Beyond is our destination

Our resolve, unbreakable!


2 comments:

i simply love the 3rd,4th,&5th stanzas.the whole poem captures the magical bond we romantics ve with that silvery disc up in the sky.

August 13, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

You are tagged, dear!

August 26, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home