On what’s to come


The noose tightening round my neck.

Life as I knew it would is over.

That life! Lying on its death bed, breathing its last wisp of breath.

This new life, is not one I know of,

but certainly! It doesn’t look bright. It approaches me, A large billowing cloud,

Hands outstretched, Victim clear in sight.

It seems to have a villainous smile.

I face it head on, but with shivers coursing through my body.

No turning back.

Rolling forward, that cloud!

Like a cloak of many folds blowing in the wind.

Even as it approaches me

I can’t help but admire the majesty of this new phenomenon

So beautiful, with a beauty so dark

All-consuming

In mere moments it will envelop me

I won’t fight it,

But certainly won’t accept it into me

Fail to see the glory of that new life which others before me and after me see

Fool you are! Called my other commons

Accept it! Told my other commons

You will in time! Prophesied my other commons

I don’t know

Maybe time will tell

But for now, I stand my ground

Face the music as they say

And not hope for the best!

-M. Rose

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home