Grayscale Vision


Split these differences
What's left?
O! Duality, no more fire!
dying embers greet numbly
No more spark of tempestous unity

Only Grayscale Vision

Facing away these semi-spheres
No fit this way!

What's left?
Blinding light?
Loud silence?
Crammed void?

No more colours in this kaleido'scope' !

Only Grayscale Vision

O stillness,
So, now u greet me?
With nary a budge, a sound?

No wind, no touch
I walk this space, in what?
In solitude.
Your presence?
Just a memory.

Come, my duality!
Have us our differences
This harmony of fire,
let us keep
For, this light,
this silence,
this void,
explodes in calm.

Only Grayscale Vision

In Fire or ash
In stillness or motion
A disarray it will make

6 comments:

I could only assume what you intend to convey, but certain words - I am always sucked into whirlpools by certain words - like 'split', 'gray','duality' - such words transform me- and I start to brood... Basically a solitary person,I have experienced certain heightened mental state in my solitude...
Your poem kind of inspired me to write one myself... its been a long time since i wrote the last...
Its there in my blog. "The Bamboo Grove".

Your poem is disturbing...

July 30, 2008 at 6:40 AM  

I'm a solitary person myself and i love it. As for this poem, I write only what my inspiration prompts me to write. I cannot write at a whim like everyone. I write only when the muse touches me. Its a curse, really. I wish I could write whenever i wanted bcoz i have so many ideas in my head. As for what it means, well... i cannot express it any better in prose. This poem is the best i can do to express what i felt at the time of writing. It is what it is.

July 30, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

didn't understand anything :-( but, I remember Gracy teacher from highschool mentioning that some animals have Grayscale vision :-(

July 30, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

couldn't follow u completlely but enjoyed it,nevertheless.could feel,sense, the words breaking free-out of u & falling,heavy,light,hard,soft-onto the page.

August 2, 2008 at 1:32 AM  

@ tedy: its about separation of a whole.Together, there's spark,differences, colors. But separated-only a vaccum and the vision, just grey! Hope u got something :-)
On a scientific note- doesn't all animals have grayscale vision?

@ chinny:words did break out. sometimes rushing, sometimes lightly gliding!

August 6, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

hey hi!
amazingly good poems. I'm awestruck.
pls pls if u have written some short stories too, wud luv to read them all.
bye for now!
vikas

November 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home